Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010


I have included my favorite "album cover" from the chosen tracks for your viewing pleasure...




So, taking a cue from my dad, I have compiled a Best of 2009 music mix.
While reviewing many of the albums released this year, I came to an interesting conclusion...there were not many good ones. I'm sad to say that to me, 2009 was not a great year for new albums. Don't get me wrong, I have several favorite songs, but I wouldn't say that my favorite album was easy to choose just because I wasn't sure there was a favorite. Ultimately I chose the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs "It's Blitz" as my favorite.

Best Songs of 2009 (order does not indicate favoritism...)

1. Hysteric By Yeah Yeah Yeahs from It's Blitz
2. 1901 By Phoenix from Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
3. Watching the Planets By The Flaming Lips from Embryonic
4. On To The Next One By Jay-Z featuring Swizz Beatz from The Blueprint 3
5. The Devil By PJ Harvey from White Chalk
6. Kingdom of Rust By Doves from Kingdom of Rust
7. These Are My Twisted Words By Radiohead
8. Wilco (The Song) By Wilco from Wilco (The Album)
9. Dollaz & Sense By The Black Keys featuring Rza from BlakRoc
10. Daniel By Bat For Lashes from Two Moons
11. All Is Love By Karen O and the Kids from Where the Wild Things Are Soundtrack

P.S- you may notice that White Chalk actually came out in 2007. I put it on my 2009 list because I wasn't able to hear it until this year...so I guess that's cheating...sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment