Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9, 2010


Ok so I have been bad about the last two days...I'm in the mountains snowboarding. That's my excuse.
Anyway, I'm sad to say that today the creator of Gumby, Art Clokey, died today at 88.

I love Gumby.

I must confess though that I wasn't aware that there were so many characters in the Gumby cast! According to Wikipedia, "Gumby's principal sidekick is Pokey, a talking pony voiced by Art Clokey and Dallas McKennon at different times, and his nemeses are the Blockheads, a pair of humanoid, red-colored figures with block-shaped heads, who wreak mischief and havoc at all times. The Blockheads were inspired by the Katzenjammer Kids, who were always getting into scrapes and causing discomfort to others. Other characters are Gumby's dog Nopey (who responds to everything with a gloomy "nope"); Prickle, a yellow dinosaur or dragon, who often declares himself as a detective, sporting a pipe and a hat in the likeness of Sherlock Holmes; Goo, a flying blue mermaid who spits blue goo-balls and can change her physical shape at will; Gumby's mother Gumba; Gumby's father Gumbo; his sister Minga; Denali (a mastodon); Tilly (a hen); King Ott; and Professor Kapp."

Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment